After reading the reviews on this ride I almost didn’t do it. People complained about everything, road surfaces, volunteers, the organizer, you name it!
I left work a 7am and make it to the start just in time. Again I only did the shorter route (55 miles) due to the fact that I had just completed a 12 shift….. and I was the only MBBC member to show for this one as well.
The ride started at 8am from the McKinney North High School and headed North East toward Chambliss, Valdesta and then to Blue Ridge. Almost immediately we were traveling on some beautiful, lightly traveled country roads. I only stopped at one rest stop and found that it was adequate, nothing impressive but it served its purpose.
From Blue Ridge we made our way through New Hope and then on to the finish in McKinney. I finished the 55 Mile route with a 17.17mph Ave. and had a great time.
The only issues I had with the event were the $2 Tacos Chipole was selling at the end of the event..... that’s one taco for $2. Other than that the ride was better then expected, and certainly didn’t warrant all of the bad reviews.
-blanca

Post a Comment
<< Blog Home