Man Made Soul (46953 bytes)

         
Blanca's Adventure Blog


Saturday, June 03, 2006
Mesquite Rodeo Ride

This was second year to participate in this one. Last year I did the 40 miler with Danny and Michelle. This year I decided to do the long route (56 miles) and was the only MBBC member to show.

I got off work at 7am and rushed to Mesquite to try to make it in time for the start. I showed up with 10 minutes to spare. I quickly registered, but the ride started as I was getting my bike ready. I managed roll out with the 20 milers (about 10 minutes late). I got up to speed quickly and 15 minutes later I had caught up with the tail end of the 56 milers.

About 18 miles into the ride I started to really move, I was feeling great and passing folks with ease. It was at this point I noticed a small group of riders on my tail. Two of them liked the pace I was keeping and decided to help pull for a while.

We took a brief break at the 30 mile rest stop and were off again. Not long after the rest stop our pace line was down to 2. Ken, a member of the TI team and I were the only ones to stay together till the end. We would pick up a few riders along to the way, but they all eventually got dropped.

We finished the 57.02 miles with and 18.59 mph average. My highest average since the 05 HHH.

It still amazes me just how well planned this ride is, everything was perfect! The route, the rest stops, traffic control, SAG and even the weather.

A perfect ride on a perfect day!

-blanca