Another great ride!!
I made the trek to Paris, from Denton, at 5:30am and arrived just in time for the start. I quickly got to the front of the group and we were off! The ride started out really fast. My average was 19mph for the first 20 miles, then the lead groups started thin out and I got dropped….. So I decided to take it easy for the rest of the ride, I rode solo for the next 5 miles and after that I rode with Erik.
He also had been riding with one of the faster groups and decided to slow his pace. We rode at a moderate pace and BS'ed for the next 35 miles. The route remained flat until about the 50 mile mark and even then, the hills that we encountered were minor...... although I still managed to get dropped with six miles remaining……. It must have been Erik’s KOM socks!
I finished the ride (60.23 miles) in 3 hours and 49 minutes, with an Average of 16mph, only stoping at 3 rest stops along the way. Traffic was extremely light, the weather was good and the locals were friendly. .
Another ride I look forward to doing next year......
Also, I had great time riding with Erik….. I believe he’s planning on riding in both the Goatneck and Hotter ‘n Hell this year, so I’ll more than likely get an opportunity to ride with him again….

Post a Comment
<< Blog Home